Thursday, September 9, 2010

a whole string of now's

i could very well be the most satisfied person at this moment in time
i saw a sweet video of a glow worm last night
and you can see right through their bodies, they're clear
and today i feel like a glow worm


i am amazed at how much i think i know at the time, and when i look back, i had no idea how this would all benefit me so
im just incredibly happy, and i learned at school today, and i went hiking with my handsome friend kris, and i drank green juice, and i just keep smiling

life is so good
sooo good


in sports psych today we watched a video on Coach Lou Holtz
he was an incredibly successful college football coach
as i watched his speech, i was inspired and quickly jotted down all these ideas...it looked like everyone else in the class was half asleep, but i was totally into this guys philosophy

some of my favorite lines,
"the biggest problem: instead of being enthusiastic, we dwell in self pity"
gulp.

"nothings as good as it seems and nothing is as bad as it seems, reality is somewhere in between"
i kinda like this kinda don't....=]

"key: get people to believe in themselves"
part of my mission statement

"we win because of what WE do, not what the other team does"
relate to yourself.. this whole kick i've been on only controlling what you can control..

One thing i REALLY loved was the 3 questions he stated that people are going to ask of you, your spouse, your friends, employers, clients, etc
1. Can I trust you?
2. Are you committed?
3. Do you care about other people?

These really are key to building a relationship. the foundation.
grab it. do it. think on it.


and Finally, i want to share the prayer that the footballers say before each game, i absolutely love it...


Sports Team Prayer

Coach Lou Holtz


This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. But what I do today is important because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place that which I have traded. I want it to be gain not loss, good not evil, success not failure.

I know I shall not regret the price I have paid for it because the future is just a whole string of now's!




alright now let's all go make some good decisions and change the world!!









1 comment:

Tiana said...

We are having the same day. I learned earlier as well...learned that I am not allowed to eat avocados and peanut butter because of my blood type. This really upset me actually and I wanted to throw the book but instead I took illegal pictures with my camera phone so I can change my diet 'fo free. And you know? Avocados or not, today rocks and I'm glad you are living parallel to me...minus the avocados.