Tuesday, January 1, 2013

life is good.

some days are just heavy.
my heart aches.

some days i look at those days and think they are so small. and everything is just wonderful.

but not today
today is a heavy day.  and i took the time to write.
and i took the time to listen to the scriptures.
and i took the time to read about other peoples thoughts and life.
and i took the time to look at pretty things.

and i am reminded how this life isn't a time just to get through. its not meant just for work. or just for play. its not meant to be sad and painful either.

it is meant as a time to prepare.
to prepare to meet God.


and honestly every goal we have, everything that occupies our time—we should be able to link to this sole purpose.



on a heavy day, like this rigidly cold one, i loved hearing my mothers voice. and i appreciated caring words that a dear friend texted me. and i got to make my man breakfast, even if i did burn it.  and i got to cry to my best friend.  and she called quickly and listened.  and i didn't feel alone today.
and my heart was full with gratitude for my teaching job, and for my photography.
i beam with passion when i think about the blessings in my life.



paul and i made it a goal some time in september to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.
we both made it within the last few hours left of the year.
i will admit there was some speed reading going on at points for me, but i am grateful for our dedication to this goal.  i love that book.  it holds mysteries that i don't and may not grasp in this life.  it holds truth and also simple things.  simple ways to live life.
and i know that this is a true book.

i need to remind myself:
life is ALWAYS  better when it is in alignment with God's will.

sometimes i forget that. and i try to do it a different way.
silly me.
i'm learning.  and i am grateful to Jesus Christ for giving me a way to always realign,
that one day I may dwell with Him and my Heavenly Father again.



No comments: