Sunday, January 18, 2009

that He may seal you his

How wonderful are sundays?! i love the time that i have set aside to be spiritually minded. i love the quiter times to study and ponder. during church today, in class, i felt so many impressions. some are too tender to share, but i loved that each speaker and teacher touched on topics that i have been thinking about and been concerned with lately. its funny how God finds ways through others to touch you and direct you. President Jensen, today, reflected that there are so many instances of miracle in our lives, that often people displace as coincidence. these instances are God's hand in our lives. i guess what i would really like to share, of all the things i learned today, would be this quote by President Boyd K. Packer. He is a member of the twelve apostles on the earth today. He said,

"True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior."

Understanding doctrine that is true does move us. I have witnessed this change. i wasn't really searching for religion in my life, but i was blessed with the knowledge of truth and wisedom and power and mercy at a time when the Lord knew i needed it most. How blessed am I to have the knowledge that i do. and how grateful am i, to have a personal relationship with God and his son, Jesus Christ. The question was presented in a lesson today:: What is in your treasure box??

What are your eternal treasures? i love rereading my notes that i jot down during these lessons, and moments of spiritual insight. as i consider the things which fulfill my treasures i believe that personally, my family is my utmost eternal treasure. I know that i was placed in the bounds of my parents and siblings for a divine reason. He left me in good hands. I have wonderful and talented family members that i love dearly. other treasures of my heart are my testimony, all forms of art, beautiful weather, sincere friends, the scriptures that reveal the word of God, the joy i feel in exercising my talents, good health, the work done in the temples of God, and feeling of being moved by the Spirit in such a way that tears of joy overflow.

i treasure this life. i treasure the ability i have to create. someone at church today said, "love who you are, and not what you have". i see it is hard to do with the pulls of the world, and especially in a time of financial crisis. it seems all anyone can do is worry about money. but when you stop focusing on the trials of having everything, and focus more on being a better person in general, you will be blessed. and i have seen this in my own life in the past 2 months, when i strive to be a better person, do the things i know to be true, live to be of service to others, God somehow provides for me financially and all my ends are met.

i spoke to a good friend of mine this evening. we talked about how God loves each of his children, those that are members, those that are not, those that do bad things, those that deny the gospel, those that don't believe, those that commit crime, everyone. he wants each of his children to be happy, succeed, and eventually return to him. it amazes me to see the way the Lord provides, protects, and blesses all people. God loves you and wants you to find happiness in who you really are. not what the world wants us to be.

so my rant comes to an end.
=]
happy sunday

No comments: