Thursday, February 11, 2010

the case of the can opener






so
we only have a manual can opener.

and ive been too ashamed to tell anyone that i don't know how to use one...
like im some kind of spoiled brat for always having an electric can opener...

I was excited to make homemade veggie pasta sauce today
until i realized my tomato sauce can doesn't have a knob to rip the top of the can off with...
but i had already sliced the vegetables.. so i (being home alone) went to town on the tomato can.
i worked on it for a half hour
sprayed sauce all over the kitchen...
but i finally defeated the can

i win
the sauce was yummy
and healthy

i think im going to break down and buy an electric one.
i've been avoiding making blueberry muffins for a month,
and i've had about enough out of this can opener

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened to read this while at work. Needless to say, I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face. Someone stuck there head in my office to make sure I was ok.

mom

Jeannette said...

Ok, you are freaking hilarious Dez! That just made my night:) My suggestion, totally get the can opener that takes off the whole top, I love it. I myself cant use the other kinds as well, these other ones are SO much easier I promise. Plus they make it so you can reuse it, like put the top back on and put the can in the fridge, pretty much amazing. Either way, I hope it works out for you. LOVE YA!